DIAD GROUP srl (DIGRO)
DIAD Group is a fast growing company in the sector of the advanced technologies, with a strong partnership all over the world, and find its success factor in the constant transformation of the knowledge produced by applied innovation into products, technologies and services for the automotive, the aerospace and the manufacturing industrial sectors.
Co-founder of the Torino E-District industrial consortium, a 10.000 people North Italian workforce targeted at the manufacturing of the future full electric vehicle for advanced mobility.
Member of the Board of the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre with Boeing (AMRC).
Chair of the "Industrialisation and Nanomanufacturing" working group on the NANOFutures ETIP.
Member of the Board of the International Research Center in Critical Raw Materials for Advanced Industrial Technologies (ICCRAM)
The main activities of DIAD Group (short name DIGRO) is in the design, the development, the testing and the application of advanced components for the automotive and the aerospace sectors, using the most advanced engineering tools and innovative materials (like high performance composites, exotic materials, hyperfunctionalized surfaces, nanostructured based massive and coating materials). This target is achieved with a integrated approach that cover the design and engineering excellency and the setup of the related manufacturing technologies (intelligent and reconfigurable production systems and processing) always looking at the environmental aspects and the total life cycle approach. DIGRO is also able to test in extreme conditions (Nordic and desert climate) the component manufactured in advanced state of the art lab cars, fully equipped for endurance tests.
Thanks to the large network of customers and industrial partners, the DIGRO exploitation capabilities are covering also other sectors like the new renewable energy, the eco-building, the industrial application of the nanotechnology and others.
Our targeted customers and markets are large tier1 suppliers, high tech small and medium companies, and motorsport
The DIAD Group offers a series of industrial and highly qualified engineering services:
- Full design and development of advanced automotive and aerospace components and optimization of the related manufacturing systems, using innovative composites materials, custom technologies and state of the art functionalized surface engineering;
- Extensive tests of high-end automotive components using the DIGRO state of the art laboratory cars;
- Automotive testing in extreme conditions and weather (like Nordic and desert climates);
- Development of technologies and products for sustainable and clean manufacturing and assembly of high tech automotive and aerospace components;
- Methods to reuse composites materials;
- Nanotechnology engineering to manufacturing and processing industry;
- Product and Process Life Cycle and recovery /recycling methods;
- Industrial implementation of energy saving policy
Role in the MMTech Project
RTD and end user/developer of aerospace/automotive application, full integration, final demonstration and testing
- WP1: Setup KPIs, design and specs of aero and automotive power train demonstrator part
- WP7: Integration and full testing of MMTech results, Demo 3
- Design and execution of reference testing for quality assessment
- New MMTECH range extender components characterization
- Hybrid Engine Range Extender full testing in conventional and extreme conditions (Nordic and Desert climate)
Contribution to technology challenges:
- Integration of innovative methodological solutions for zero-defect.
- High performance and clean machining of γ-TiAl parts.
- Integrated optimization of machining and laser assisted machining (PRIMA).
- Supporting in development of vegetal based advanced lubricants for machining (TEKS).
- Support to RM (USFD).
- Exploitation and dissemination to other sectors